We can help you to improve your effectiveness in engaging key stakeholders and gaining buy-in for ideas and initiatives within your organisation.
As organisations adopt flatter management structures, there is an increasing emphasis on the ability to influence others across teams and functions in order to get things done. A general shift towards more collaborative work practices means that the ability to create ‘buy in’ for ideas and initiatives is extremely valuable.
Our Influence in the Workplace communication skills training workshop demystifies ‘influence’ and will give you the ability to adapt your influencing approach according to the audience, circumstances and objectives.
This training is particularly useful for anyone looking to improve their communication skills and ideal for people who:
- need to influence without authority (influence up or sideways)
- create ‘buy in’ for organisational improvement programs
- want to inspire their direct reports in a way that minimises reliance on positional power
As a participant in our communication skills training, you will have the opportunity to:
- learn robust, flexible, research-based frameworks and strategies from one of our experienced consultants
- analyse the strengths and weaknesses of different influencing approaches and know how to choose the approach that is best suited to your objectives
- use a structured framework to prepare comprehensively for an influencing conversation
- learn how to deal with resistance to your ideas and initiatives
- learn a simple, powerful framework for structuring your influencing conversations to maximise your persuasive impact
- practice new skills and receive feedback on how to improve your performance
- apply the frameworks and strategies to your real-life challenges
- share insights with your peers in other industries, organisations and roles
- plan the next steps for developing your skills beyond the workshop
- build your confidence to initiate and manage influencing conversations
A few weeks before the communication skills training, we’ll start getting to know you through a short online survey. This survey will prompt you to think about your current experience with influencing and also inform us about what you’d like to get out of the workshop.
During the workshop, we’ll engage you in a variety of activities – including group discussions, video analysis, self-reflection, and targeted practice with the opportunity to receive coaching and feedback. You’ll receive a workbook containing a comprehensive set of notes on the topics covered in the workshop.
After the workshop, we’ll support you to embed the skills that you’ve developed. Among other things, you’ll receive electronic copies of the templates used in the workshop. We’ll also send you reminders of key strategies so that you can keep them top of mind. CMA Alumni also receive access to a free e-coaching hotline for 12 months after the workshop, which means that we’re only an email away if you need additional support with your influencing conversations.
Scheduled ‘Influence in the Workplace’ public workshops
Tuesday 10 & Wednesday 11 April 2018
Wednesday 6 & Thursday 7 June 2018
Tuesday 21 & Wednesday 22 August 2018
Wednesday 10 & Thursday 11 October 2018
Tuesday 18 & Wednesday 19 December 2018
Register your interest for public workshops in capital cities outside of Melbourne and Sydney.