We can help your team or organisation to manage tough conversations (the ones that really matter) more constructively.
Why choose this program?
A recent study by Stanford Graduate School of Business found that the highest area of concern for CEOs was how to handle conflict. If CEOs are struggling with it, then it stands to reason that they’re not the only ones.
Many people struggle with conflict – either because they handle it poorly or because they avoid it altogether. Our Getting Past Conflict program takes a more structured approach to conflict. It can help your people to understand how conflict arises, how to avoid it, and how to manage it effectively if it does occur (‘constructive conflict’).
This program is particularly useful for people who:
- lead or manage teams and need to make difficult decisions that involve multiple viewpoints
- deal with customers or the general public on a regular basis
- work in a high-conflict environment (e.g. litigation)
What are the benefits of doing this program?
This program will enable your team or organisation to:
- understand what conflict is and what causes it
- initiate difficult conversations in a way that creates a safe environment for those involved
- gain insights into their own response to conflict and how to manage their emotional state
- respond constructively in the face of strong emotions like anger, frustration or disappointment, or when the other person shuts down
- develop a more flexible approach to resolving disagreements and learn strategies for creating mutually beneficial outcomes
- build their confidence to discuss difficult or sensitive issues in a way that creates more constructive working relationships
Would you like to learn more?
If you have any questions about this program, please contact us on 1300 765 770 or at email@example.com for a detailed program overview.
See also our Conflict Resolution Training.
For individuals and small groups, please check out our public workshop program.