We can help you create a culture of high-performance within your team or organisation.
Why choose this workshop?
When your greatest asset is your people, the ability to give clear and constructive feedback is essential for long-term success. But these conversations can be difficult—for both the person giving the feedback and the person receiving it!
Our Giving Effective Feedback workshop will equip you with a clear, comprehensive framework for giving feedback and dealing constructively with any conflict that may arise. The workshop encourages a proactive, transparent approach to feedback that is designed to promote more effective working relationships. This can help you to minimise the need for ‘performance management’ when things go wrong.
What are the benefits of attending this workshop?
As a participant in our workshop, you will have the opportunity to:
- learn a simple, powerful framework for understanding the different types and purposes of feedback
- use a structured process to prepare for a feedback or coaching conversation
- learn strategies for responding constructively in the face of strong emotions like anger, frustration or disappointment, or when the other person shuts down
- practice applying the frameworks to your own real-life feedback conversations and receive feedback on how to improve your approach
- share insights with your peers in other industries, organisations and roles
- plan the next steps for developing your skills beyond the workshop
- learn to conduct feedback conversations that you and your staff look forward to because they are constructive, productive conversations that benefit you, your team members and the organisation as a whole
How is the workshop conducted?
A few weeks before the workshop, we’ll start getting to know you through a short online survey. This survey will prompt you to think about your current experience in giving feedback and also inform us about what you’d like to get out of the workshop.
During the workshop, we’ll engage you in a variety of activities – including group discussions, video analysis, self-reflection, and targeted practice with the opportunity to receive coaching and feedback. You’ll receive a workbook containing a comprehensive set of notes on the topics covered in the workshop.
After the workshop, we’ll support you to embed the skills that you’ve developed. Among other things, you’ll receive electronic copies of the templates used in the workshop. We’ll also send you reminders of key strategies so that you can keep them top of mind. CMA Alumni also receive access to a free e-coaching hotline for 12 months after the workshop, which means that we’re only an email away if you need additional support with your feedback conversations.
Scheduled public workshops
There are currently no scheduled ‘Giving Effective Feedback’ public workshops.