CMA Learning host regular business writing courses which are open to the public in Melbourne & Sydney. See below for more details.
Technology is a wonderful thing – and yet our reliance on email and other forms of written communication has led to inefficiency and information overload.
Our Influential Business Writing course aims to cut through the clutter and provide you with a simple, effective framework for structuring your written communication. It could be used for anything from a short email asking a colleague to provide some information for reporting purposes to a complex business case requesting a board to approve the expenditure of a significant sum of money – and everything in between.
This workshop is ideal for anyone looking to improve their business writing skills for correspondence such as emails, memos or other professional documentation.
As a participant in our influential business writing course, you will have the opportunity to:
- learn a simple, powerful framework for structuring your written communication to maximise your persuasive impact
- learn a process for effectively editing your written communication
- practice applying the frameworks to your own business documents and receive feedback on how to improve your writing
- discover (and learn to avoid) the mistakes that people commonly make in writing business documents
- share insights with your peers in other industries, organisations and roles
- plan the next steps for developing your skills beyond the workshop
- learn to write business documents that people actually want to read!
A few weeks before the workshop, we’ll start getting to know you through a short online survey. This survey will prompt you to think about your current business writing experience and also inform us about what you’d like to get out of the workshop.
During the course, we’ll engage you in a variety of activities – including group discussions, document analysis, and the opportunity to practice and receive feedback on your own business writing. You’ll receive a workbook containing a comprehensive set of notes on the topics covered in the workshop, as well as a reusable planning template that you can use to draft your business documents in the future.
After the workshop, we’ll support you to embed the skills that you’ve developed. We’ll send you reminders of key strategies so that you can keep them top of mind. CMA Alumni also receive access to a free e-coaching hotline for 12 months after the workshop, which means that we’re only an email away if you need additional support with your influential business writing.
Scheduled 2020 public workshops
Please contact CMA on 1300 765 770 to find more information on public workshops scheduled for later in 2020
Register your interest for public workshops in capital cities outside of Melbourne and Sydney.