We can help you to develop a structured and strategic approach for maximising value in your negotiations and building the kind of relationships that are essential for long-term success.
Negotiation Training Overview
We are negotiating all the time. As long as people continue to deal with people, negotiation will be an essential requirement of a professional’s skill set. While some people seem to have a knack for negotiation, the ability to negotiate successfully is a skill that you can develop and refine with training and practice.
In our experience, the main reason that people fail to achieve successful outcomes in their negotiations is because their ‘mental model’ is limited or incomplete (at best), or unconstructive (at worst). Our Getting to Yes negotiation skills training draws on the thought leadership of the Harvard Negotiation Project and others to equip you with a clear, comprehensive and constructive model for negotiation.
This workshop is ideal for professionals in client-or customer facing roles, including sales professionals, business development managers, and account or relationship managers. In particular, the workshop compliments traditional sales training.
As a participant in our negotiation training workshop, you will have the opportunity to:
- learn robust, flexible, research-based frameworks and strategies from one of our experienced consultants
- use a structured framework to prepare comprehensively for a negotiation and reflect on your performance afterwards
- learn how to deal with common negotiation challenges, including negotiators who use ‘hard bargaining’, threats or manipulation to achieve their desired outcomes
- practice new skills and receive feedback on how to improve your performance
- apply the frameworks and strategies to your real-life negotiation challenges
- share insights with your peers in other industries, organisations and roles
- plan the next steps for developing your skills beyond the workshop
- build your confidence to negotiate, knowing that you have a structured framework for analysing and responding to all manner of negotiation challenges
A few weeks before the workshop, we’ll start getting to know you through a short online survey. This survey will prompt you to think about your current experience with negotiation and also inform us about what you’d like to get out of our negotiation skills training.
During the workshop, we’ll engage you in a variety of activities – including group discussions, video analysis, self-reflection, and targeted practice with the opportunity to receive coaching and feedback. You’ll receive a workbook containing a comprehensive set of notes on the topics covered in the workshop.
After the workshop, we’ll support you to embed the skills that you’ve developed. Among other things, you’ll receive electronic copies of the templates used in the workshop. We’ll also send you reminders of key strategies so that you can keep them top of mind. CMA Alumni also receive access to a free e-coaching hotline for 12 months after the workshop, which means that we’re only an email away if you need additional support with your negotiations.
Scheduled 2018 ‘Getting to Yes’ public workshops
Tuesday 13 & Wednesday 14 November 2018
Scheduled 2019 ‘Getting to Yes’ public workshops
Tuesday 4 & Wednesday 5 June 2019
Tuesday 17 & Wednesday 18 July 2019
Wednesday 5 & Thursday 6 September 2019
Tuesday 13 & Wednesday 14 November 2019
Tuesday 18 & Wednesday 19 June 2019
Tuesday 28 & Wednesday 29 August 2019
Wednesday 17 & Thursday 18 October 2019
Register your interest for public workshops in capital cities outside of Melbourne and Sydney.